How do I change my Oneplan pet insurance plan?
We get that life changes and when it does, you need an insurer who will change with you. If you want to know more about how to change your plan type with Oneplan (that’s us), then you have come to the right place. We break down everything you need to know (plus how to add or remove pets to your policy) in this blog.
If you and your pet(s) have become a part of our Oneplan Pet Family, then kudos to you! You have made the responsible decision in prioritising your pet’s health and your budget.
As many pet parents who have signed up for pet insurance will know, pet healthcare cover is an easy and affordable way to negate the costs of expensive veterinary care, whether these costs are expected or unexpected (depending on what plan you have chosen).
If you have pet insurance with Oneplan (that’s us), then you might already know some of the below facts
Paid before you see the vet
- We put cash in your pocket before you see the vet with our unique Onecard claims system
Go to any vet of your choice
- We let you go to any vet of your choice - meaning we do not limit you and your pet to choose from a specified network of vets - giving you more freedom and allowing you to keep your vet (we know that bond between a vet and your pet is one that takes time to develop and we don’t want you to have to wave that goodbye when you become a part of our Oneplan family).
Impressive annual limits
- We have one of the highest annual limits compared to other insurers - meaning we cover more when it comes time to claim.
Easy to understand and easy to use insurance
- Our policy wording documents are easy to read and easy to understand. We don’t want any grey areas when it comes to quality healthcare cover for your pet. Our Oneplan app gives you instant access to your cover at the touch of a button.
You have all the options at your fingertips
- We believe in giving you options which is why we have a range of pet insurance plans for you to choose from and tailor to your needs with our new Routine Care Plus benefit where you can add more routine care benefits onto specific plans.
Cover for day-to-day costs
- We cover a range of day-to-day costs such as vet visits and wellness care, as well as expensive accidents and illnesses.
Cover for expensive conditions
- We include cover for hereditary, congenital and pre-existing conditions after a specified waiting period.
How to upgrade or downgrade your pet insurance plan with us
Right then, now to move onto the reason you are reading this article (sorry for the little ramble above, we are just really passionate about our pet insurance and you!).
In any case, here we go!
Can you change your plan type?
When it comes to changing your plan, we give you total control of what cover you want and when you want to change it! This means that when life changes or your pet’s healthcare needs change, you can simply and easily downgrade or upgrade your plan.
Here’s the process you need to follow:
- You need to give us one calendar month’s notice when you decide to change your plan
- The following conditions will apply when you want to change your plan type:
- The maximum age of your pet cannot exceed eight (8) years (nine (9) years old age next birthday)
- New waiting periods will apply for additional cover and increase in cover from the effective date of the amendment
- You may only amend your policy every six (6) months, especially if you are changing your policy type to a plan higher in cover
- We might ask you to complete a new application and your policy may be re-underwritten in order to assess the risk profile of your pet
Are you able to add or remove pets to your policy?
Of course! If you have recently added a new bundle of furry love to your family, or you have lost a precious pet (which is an incredibly sad situation to be in - which is why we want to make this process as smooth as possible), then you can adjust your policy to suit your circumstances.
You can remove pets subject to one calendar month’s notice. You can add a pet to your policy subject to the successful collection of a premium. In the sad event of the death of your pet, we will waive the notice period.
Yours in quality pet insurance designed with your pet in mind,