Professional Plan: Health Insurance With Incredible Benefits For GP Visits, Routine Care & Hospital Stays
Our Professional Plan is the next best thing from our executive plan (our top plan), and at a more affordable premium. With this plan, you will get amazing benefits for day-to-day medical care and cover for unexpected medical issues. Here’s what you need to know about this plan.
At Oneplan, we get that life is complicated, which is why our health insurance isn’t. We do everything we can to make your life easier and ensure our insurance is easy to understand, easy to apply and easy to use.
Finding out which health insurance plan is best for you can be a little tricky. In fact, we created an easy to read guide on this exact topic. Click here to read it.
Before we get into the details on our Professional Plan, let’s first explain what health insurance is…
Tell me more about health insurance
You might not have a very good understanding of what health insurance is, and that’s okay. In fact, we love explaining this awesome product…
Health insurance is sort of like an affordable medical aid.
Health insurance works in a similar way to medical aid in that it gives you access to private healthcare and helps cover the costs of medical bills in exchange for a monthly premium (read: I don’t get it - why is health insurance more affordable than medical aid?)
Medical aid is required by law to cover a certain set of health conditions and benefits, meaning medical aid HAS to cover what can sometimes be very expensive and unpredictable medical bills.
With medical insurance, you know exactly what you are covered for because we give you the exact amount of cover you have for each benefit.
For example, with our Core Plan, you know that you have R320 for doctor visits. This means that we cover up to that amount of the bill.
Health insurance helps save you from paying for large medical bills out of your own pocket.
What makes Oneplan Health Insurance awesome?
Here are some of the ways we make health insurance hassle-free and amazing:
- Get paid before you see the doctor
- Go to any doctor of your choice
- All of our plans are more than just a hospital plans, we cover you for routine and day-to-day care such as doctor and dentist visits
- Range of plans and prices - you are bound to find one that suits you!
- We offer great maternity cover and benefits
- Our top plan includes specialist cover
- Manage your premium from the palm of your hand through the Oneplan App
- Claiming made easy
- Upload your claim in seconds to the App by following our easy step-by-step guide
- In-app chat services and support
- Our friendly team members are always ready to answer questions and help out
- Team of nurses available to chat when you have questions
Oneplan’s Professional Plan
Now, let’s get to the exciting part…
If you want to know more about our Professional Plan, then keep reading!
The top 3 reasons to choose this plan:
- Amazing cover for routine care such as GP visits
- Great cover for accidents and emergencies
How much is this plan a month?
R947 a month.
What makes this plan different from the Blue Plan?
The Professional Plan is the levelled-up version of the Blue Plan. With the Professional Plan, you will get the same benefits as the Blue Plan, but with MORE cover.
What am I covered for?
Day-to-day benefits and routine care
- Doctor visits (GP cover) - Up to R345 per visit
- Scripted medication - Up to R228 per script
- Blood tests - Up to R480 per event
- X-rays - Up to R480 per event
- Dentistry - Up to R695 per event (max of 3 visits a year)
- Optometry - Up to R1400 every 24 months
- Maternity pre-birth - Up to R565 per visit (3 visits per pregnancy with an annual limit of R1 685)
You are not covered for traditional healers, dieticians, homoeopaths and psychologists. All of this is outlined in our policy document. You can have a look at our simple and easy to read policy document right here.
Casualty illness - Up to R5000 per event
These are emergency treatments for illnesses that do not require overnight hospital stays.
You are covered for treatments and procedures in casualty for life-threatening conditions.
Casualty accident - Up to R5000 per event
These are emergency treatments for accidents that do not require overnight hospital stays.
You are covered for treatment and procedures in casualty. This benefits includes cover for injuries that require immediate treatment and are life-threatening (life-threatening means that if you do not get treatment within an hour of the issue, it will result in permanent damage to you).
Accident cover - Up to R220 00 per insured event
Accidents are the things you didn’t see coming - such as when you are involved in an accident like a car crash and you need to be seen by a doctor immediately.
Illness in hospital - Up to R55 00 per insured event
Dread Disease - Up to R275 000 per defined disease per year
These are serious diseases which include: heart attack, coronary artery disease requiring surgery, heart valve replacement, aorta surgery, stroke, cancer, acute kidney failure, brain tumours and major organ transplants.
Natural Birth and Emergency Caesareans - Up to R55 000 per insured event
Part of our awesome maternity benefits.
Family death cover
We cover the main member for R14000, your partner for R14000, children between 14 and 21 for R14000, children between 6 and 13 for R6900, children between 1 and 5 for R3450 and unborn children for R1750.
Accident disability - Up to R200 00 for the duration of your policy.
This refers to an injury or accident that restricts your ability to perform everyday tasks, such as loss of sight, loss of a limb, being paralysed etc.
● Trauma and assault counselling and accidental HIV protection services. Accidental HIV infection treatment.
● Ambulance and Emergency Services - 24 hr Medical assistance with a dedicated emergency line.
How does claiming work with Oneplan?
Thanks to the smart and simple Oneplan App and our Onecard, we make claiming easier than it has ever been before.
When you become a part of the Oneplan Family, we will send you your very own Onecard.
This card is what we use to preload funds onto for you to use to pay for your medical visits.
You use a Onecard the same way you use a debit card.
When you want to see your doctor, all you have to do is login to our App, load your claim and the funds will be transferred into your Onecard within seconds.
If you think that the Professional Plan is the health insurance plan of your dreams, then get in touch with one of our friendly team members today or sign up online right now.
Yours in hassle-free health insurance,