Want To Switch Your Car Insurance? 6 Simple Steps To Doing It Right The First Time
If you are wanting to switch your car insurance, then you can do this whenever you like! If you’re not happy with your current insurer, then we have put together an expert guide on switching the right way…
So many people think that they are not allowed to switch insurers for a certain period of time or don’t switch because they don’t know how.
That’s why we created insurance that gives you options.
At Oneplan, our insurance is easy to understand, easy to use and easy to apply. But we will get to that later in this article.
Right now, let’s focus on what to do when you want to switch…
1. Figure out if you need to switch
Review your current contract and policy and figure out if there isn’t anything you can do to perhaps bring your premium down (if the price is the issue) or change your cover.
Most insurers will offer different types of car insurance, such as comprehensive and third party cover only.
At Oneplan, all of our cover is comprehensive. This means you have the highest level of cover. We also let you choose how much cover you want. Basically, you use a cover slider to select the percentage of cover you want and your premium is calculated according to this. So, when you are wanting to adjust your premium or cover, you can do this simply and instantly.
Make sure you first chat with your insurer to find out if you really need to switch.
2. Find out how to reduce your premium
There are a number of ways you can reduce your premium without sacrificing on cover.
Where you live, your security how often you drive your car and how you drive are all factors that affect your premium.
Chat to your insurer and make sure your policy is updated with your correct address and inform them of any security measures or driving skills you have put in place.
For example, having an advanced driving course certificate MIGHT decrease your vehicle insurance premium.
3. Do your research
If you decide it is time to move onto bigger and better things, then make sure you do your research.
Chat to a broker and spend some time investigating different insurers. Read customer reviews and make sure you understand the benefits and downfalls of certain insurers and their insurance plans.
Get some quotes and do not make your decision based on price alone as a lower premium often means less cover or a higher excess (this is the amount you have to pay in the event of a claim).
4. Know what you are covered for - read the fine print
When you get your quotes, make sure you read the fine print. Find out exactly what you are covered for and what you are not.
5. Find out what their customer care is like
Speak to the sales agents of the car insurers you are interested in. Have a look on their Facebook Page and on Hello Peter, find out how they treat their clients. This will come in handy when you need to file a claim or change your policy as you will know how they handle these situations.
A friendly sales agent and quick responses can go a long way.
This is why we include a built-in chat function in our Oneplan App so that you can message us instantly!
6. Before you cancel your previous car cover, get the new deal in writing
Once you have found the right insurer and you are happy with the premium (the amount you pay every month) and the contract, then make sure you have your new policy in writing before you cancel with your previous insurer.
Why go with Oneplan?
First things first, at Oneplan we let YOU CHOOSE how much cover you want and at the price you can afford.
What we mean by this, is that you can change your cover and premium amount whenever you want! You can also press pause on your cover by turning it on and off.
All you have to do is log in to our awesome app and follow the prompts.
We also provide you with all the tips and tricks to bringing your car insurance down in this blog post.
The thing is, we want to save you money.
Here are some of the reasons to choose Oneplan:
- Flexible cover - No matter how much cover you choose to have, you will ALWAYS have R2.5 million in third-party liability cover
- Choose the cover you want and at the price you can afford and you don’t have to sacrifice on benefits
- Manage your premium from the palm of your hand through the Oneplan App
- Increase and decrease your cover anytime, anywhere.
- No vehicle inspections
- One minute to sign up. One minute to get insured. It’s as easy as taking a selfie.
- All you have to do a snap and upload images of your car to the Oneplan App
- The easiest claim systems, ever.
- Upload your claim in seconds to the App by following our easy step-by-step guide
- Zero paperwork. Zero hassle. Pretty awesome, right?
- In-app chat services and support
- Our friendly team members are always ready to answer questions
Yours in uncomplicated car insurance,