Home Insurance You Can Tailor To Your Needs: 4 Reasons To Choose Oneplan
At Oneplan, we created insurance that you can change when life changes. Which is why we let you choose how much cover you want at the price you can afford.
Before we get into the awesome reasons why Oneplan is the home insurer of your dreams (yes, seriously), let’s first cover the basics of why you need home insurance.
Why you need home insurance
Your home is more than just the 4 walls you live in. It’s about the comfort, security and of course, the memories and love within those 4 walls.
Home insurance is the best way to ensure you are covered for the unexpected. You never know when things might go wrong, but you need the right forms of cover in place for when they do.
Damage costs from fire or replacement costs from theft can cause immense financial stress on your bank account.
If something had to happen to all the items in your home, do you have the money to replace these items right now?
Let alone if something happens to the structure of your home.
Here are just a few reasons why you need home insurance:
- Accidents happen - you never know when things are going to go wrong
- Cover for break-ins and theft
- Even ‘safe’ neighbourhoods suffer from crime
- Everything in your home is valueable
- Replacing the items in your home can lead to debt
- Home insurance gives you the peace of mind you need
Why Oneplan Household Insurance
1. Flexible cover that gives you total control
Our household insurance is designed to let you choose how much cover you want at the price you can afford.
It’s cover you have TOTAL control over.
Here’s the thing… We believe in giving you options. We know that everyone is different - that’s why we created insurance that gives you control of your cover.
How this works is using a sliding scale.
This way, you can select the percentage of insurance you can afford, selecting cover from 30% to 95% and we work out what your monthly premium will be based on this percentage. It’s that simple.
2. Change your cover when life changes
We get that some months are tighter than others, which is why you can change your cover amount whenever you want to! You can even press pause on your cover!
You can adjust your cover from the palm of your hand using the Oneplan App.
All you have to do is login and use our cover slider to change the amount of cover you are paying for and we will bill you according to this exact cost.
This means that you can adjust your monthly premium to suit your monthly budget, so you can increase and decrease your cover anytime, anywhere.
Just keep in mind that the less cover you have, the more you will have to pay in in the event of a claim.
3. Simple claims - zero paperwork, zero hassle
We don’t believe in making you fill in pages of paperwork just to file a claim.
When you need to file a claim, all you have to do is upload your claim in our Oneplan App and following our easy step-by-step guide.
We will process your claim within seconds. It’s just another way we make insurance simple and easy to understand.
If you have any questions about claims, then you can chat to someone from our team through the App! Which brings us to our next point...
4. In-App support team ready and waiting to answer any questions
Thanks to our smart and simple Oneplan App, you can chat to a team member through our in-app chat function.
Just login to our app and chat with us!
How to save money on home insurance
If you want to know how you can save money on your home insurance, then here are some easy steps…
- Beef up your security - Electric fencing, burglar bars and alarm systems are all factors that play a role in the price you pay for your home insurance
- Opt for a higher excess - This is the amount that comes out of your pocket in the event of a claim. If your excess is higher, your premium will be lower (keep in mind that a higher excess means you will have to pay in more when it comes time to claim.
- Chat to your insurer - If you feel as though your insurer has not given you a fair rate, then chat to them about your concerns. Be open to what they have to say and let them know about any factors they may have missed in your policy such as your security in your home.
If you are looking for home insurance that is hassle-free and simple, then Oneplan is your plan.
Make sure you are covered for the expected, unexpected and everything in between.
Yours in hassle-free home insurance,